sign
gazebo
view3
cross
view2
view
gate

The oldest markers in the Freyburg United Methodist Church Cemetery are in German, reflecting the nationality of those who settled this community. The oldest marked grave is that of German immigrant Karl A. Rabe who died in April 1880. The cemetery is older than the current church, which was established in 1877 when local farmer Anton Kortlang sold six acres of land for $48. Located several hundred yards east of the sanctuary through a separate entrance, the cemetery has approximately 150 graves, some of which are unmarked. A round brass plaque signifying a circuit rider marks the grave of Rev. Friede Bohmfalk, pastor from 1898 to 1906. His wife, who died during his pastorate at Freyburg, was buried here and years later, he was laid to rest next to her. The flagpole was erected in memory of a child, Alan Guentert who died December 14, 1968. The cypress gazebo honors trustee Bobby Rodecap who passed away July 31, 2004. The antique walk gate at the entrance was relocated when the Freyburg United Methodist Church Cemetery was enlarged in October 2004. There also are markers signifying the graves of veterans who proudly played a vital role in our nation’s defense.